Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis Receives Top-Tier Rankings in Chambers USA
WASHINGTON, DC – Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis LLP is honored to be recognized by Chambers USA as a Band 1 law firm in the practice area of “Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite” for the tenth consecutive year. Chambers USA also recognizes eight HWG attorneys for legal excellence this year among the country’s premier law firms and legal practitioners.
The following attorneys were ranked by Chambers USA:
- Scott Blake Harris – Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite. As Chairman and a founding partner of HWG, Harris has been hailed for his extensive experience across the communications space and was selected by President Barack Obama to serve as General Counsel of the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Thomas G. Connolly – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations. Described as “aggressive, fearless” and “an unbelievable trial lawyer” Connolly is known for taking on “really hard cases that have huge human impact” and sources note “He really has a gift for making his clients understand the difficult situations they are confronting and giving them great comfort in how to address those.” He is also recognized in Chambers as one of top trial lawyers nationwide.
- Paul Margie – Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite. Margie is praised for “His strengths are in understanding how the policy arena works. He is able to do the substantive policy and strategic work in order to get things done in Washington.”
- John T. Nakahata – Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite. As the head of HWG’s telecom practice, Nakahata is described as “an exceptional attorney” and note “John’s extensive knowledge of FCC procedure and the respect he holds with FCC staff have made him an invaluable resource. John’s greatest strengths are his depth of knowledge, strategic thinking and excellent writing.”
- Michael D. Nilsson – Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite. Nilsson is praised for being “simply one of the smartest lawyers that I know. He is extremely responsive and willing to jump into any issue and find a solution. He’s the one I would most trust to represent me when the stakes are high.”
- Patrick O’Donnell – Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations. O’Donnell is described as “one of the most detail-oriented, meticulous and thoughtful lawyers in the field,” and is “an impressive lawyer and a creative ‘outside-the-box’ thinker.”
- William M. Wiltshire – Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite. Wiltshire is Managing Partner of HWG. He is known for advising communications, media and satellite companies in connection with an array of transactional issues, including licensing and M&A, as well as representing clients in regulatory proceedings before the FCC.
- Christopher J. Wright – Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite; Appellate Law. Wright is praised for being “a very thoughtful advocate and a great writer” as well as a “very talented attorney” as both an appellate and communications lawyer.
Additionally, Brita Strandberg and Amy Richardson were each named by the publication as a “Recognized Practitioner” in the areas of Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite for D.C. and Litigation: General Commercial for North Carolina, respectively.
The full Chambers USA firm profile and rankings can be found here. A description of the selection methodology Chambers uses can be found here. No aspect of this publication has been approved by any court or bar.
* * *
About Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis
Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis LLP is a nationally recognized communications, energy, information technology, international investment/national security, and litigation law firm. The firm’s clients include Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurs, investors, trade associations, and non-profit organizations. As former senior government officials, federal prosecutors, Congressional counsel, and experienced litigators, HWG lawyers advise their clients on how government decision makers think, how legal and political institutions work in the real world, and how those institutions can affect a transaction or business plan. For more information, please visit www.hwglaw.com.