Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis Receives Top-Tier Rankings in Chambers USA 2014
WASHINGTON, D.C., May 23, 2014
Chambers USA, a guide to attorneys and law firms, has recognized five Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis LLP partners as leading practitioners in their field. The publication also recognized HWG as a Band One law firm for the “Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite” practice. Chambers reported that HWG clients praised the firm for its experts in the field who provide tailored advice and because they dedicate themselves to our business. The full profile and list of rankings for the firm is available here.
Chambers individually highlighted the work of each HWG attorney listed, reporting that:
- John Nakahata is “a great attorney, who is well-connected, very thoughtful, bright and well liked.”
- Christopher Wright, who has been continually ranked in the Telecommunications field, received an additional recognition from the publication this year as one of the nations preeminent appellate attorneys. He is described as extremely intelligent and has significant FCC experience. Christopher stood out to observers for being “extremely knowledgeable in appellate procedures and an excellent oral advocate.”
- William Wiltshire has particular understanding of the technical elements of telecom work, and is “able to translate arcane concepts into actionable concepts,”
- Thomas Connolly is described as a fierce advocate with “sound judgment and an excellent sense of strategy.”
- Paul Margie is “fantastic – he’s probably one of the town’s best spectrum experts. An excellent lawyer who knows how to move a complicated issue forward.” He is also praised for being “able to discuss strategy, write pleadings and lobby federal agencies with equal effectiveness.”
The Chambers rankings are based on extensive research, which includes interviews with a firm’s clients and assessments of other practitioners in each major practice area. A description of the selection methodology can be found here. No aspect of this publication has been approved by any court or bar.
Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis LLP is a nationally recognized communications, information technology, international investment/national security, and litigation law firm. The firm’s clients include Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurs, investors, trade associations, and non-profit organizations. As former senior government officials, federal prosecutors, Congressional counsel, and experienced litigators, HWG lawyers advise their clients on how government decision makers think, how legal and political institutions work in the real world, and how those institutions can affect a transaction or business plan. For more information, please visit www.hwglaw.com.
For further information, please contact Lara Knowles: (202) 379-4533.