1919 M Street NW, Eighth Floor
Washington, DC 20036-3537
Litigation is, unfortunately, a fact of modern economic life. It is costly, distracting, and uncertain, so we generally counsel our clients to put at least as much energy into settling disputes as prosecuting them. But, when faced with unreasonable opponents or bet-the-company stakes that make litigation unavoidable, we pursue it with professionalism, creativity, and zeal. Truth be told, we kind of like it.
- Won unanimous verdict in Texas federal court jury trial representing international entertainment company in IP-licensing dispute.
- Trial counsel for satellite services company in multi-hundred-million dollar contract dispute against national publicly traded defense contractor for upcoming jury trial in Virginia Circuit Court.
- Trial counsel for multi-state health, human services, and education management consulting firm in upcoming New York federal court trial involving claims for breach of Teaming Agreement.
- Won summary judgment (alone among the defendants) for international consumer-goods maker in nationwide federal class-action antitrust case.
- Successfully defended a competitive provider of advanced communications against efforts by incumbent telephone companies to shut down the client’s basic business model.
- Obtained favorable pre-complaint settlement of claims against a money market fund manager for refusal to honor redemption requests during the 2008 credit crisis.
- Secured favorable royalty rate for Internet music distributors in bet-the-business-model litigation before the Copyright Royalty Board.