Deepika H. Ravi
Deepika Ravi is an associate with the law firm of Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis LLP, where she advises clients on legal ethics issues, coordinates internal investigations in response to government enforcement actions and anticipated civil litigation, and represents individuals and companies in complex commercial litigation and general civil litigation in federal and state courts across the country. She is experienced at handling matters through all stages of litigation. Ms. Ravi has particular experience in coordinating complex internal investigations and advising clients on inquiries from the District of Columbia Committee on Unauthorized Practice of Law.
Internal Investigations and Regulatory Compliance
- Represented global telecommunications company in internal investigation resulting in successfully mediated resolution of commercial dispute.
- Advised international telecommunications company’s United States subsidiary on Lifeline program regulations, and coordinated internal investigation into company’s regulatory compliance.
- Coordinated corporate client’s response to government’s dual-headed universal service subsidy program investigation.
Legal Ethics and Malpractice
- Represents attorneys in disciplinary proceedings before the District of Columbia Office of Disciplinary Counsel.
- Counsels clients on ethical restrictions on the practice of law in the District of Columbia.
- Advises and represents clients who have received inquiries from the District of Columbia Committee on Unauthorized Practice of Law.
Civil Litigation and Complex Commercial Litigation
- Represented national telecommunications carrier in federal lawsuit alleging improper double-billing practices, resulting in successful mediation of dispute.
- Represented D.C.-based company in federal breach-of-contract lawsuit resulting in successful consent resolution of dispute.
- Defended individual defendant in state court litigation alleging breach of fiduciary duty, leading to successful mediated resolution of claims.
- Advises pro bono organization pursuing constitutional voting rights claims.
- Represents family of decedent in civil rights lawsuit arising from police misconduct.
Prior to joining Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis, Ms. Ravi was an associate at Hogan Lovells US LLP, where she advised clients on a variety of issues including contract disputes, regulatory actions, and civil rights claims. She gained substantial experience in putative class actions; consumer protection claims under various state statutes; and issues affecting insurance companies, including issues pertaining to structured settlements.
Ms. Ravi maintains an active pro bono practice, assisting clients on a broad range of matters. Her pro bono experience includes immigration, voting rights, and domestic violence representation. Ms. Ravi volunteers her time to help transgender clients navigate the legal maze required to update their identity documents to reflect their preferred name and gender identity. Throughout her time as a practicing attorney, Ms. Ravi has represented domestic violence survivors in D.C. Superior Court, helping clients obtain civil protection orders protecting the clients and their children from further abuse. In 2016, Ms. Ravi successfully obtained a grant of asylum for a male-to-female transgender client who fled to the United States due to severe persecution in her native country.
Ms. Ravi received her J.D. with pro bono distinction from Stanford Law School, where she served as co-president of the International Law Society, a board member of Law Students for Reproductive Justice, and a member of the Stanford Journal of International Law. She also interned at the Human Rights Law Network in Bangalore, India. Ms. Ravi received her B.A., summa cum laude, from Duke University.
Since 2018, Ms. Ravi has served on the Junior Board for the D.C. Volunteer Lawyers Project. Ms. Ravi also served on the Board of Directors of the American Constitution Society’s D.C. Chapter, as Vice-Chair of the Events Committee from 2015 to 2016.
October 31, 2018
October 25, 2018
October 10, 2018
October 31, 2016
October 31, 2016