Jonathan B. Mirsky
Jonathan Mirsky represents clients in mergers and acquisitions and complex commercial transactions. He has substantial experience in the telecommunications industry and frequently represents competitive entrants in transactions to deploy new technologies and implement new business methods. Jonathan recently served as General Counsel of a publicly traded multinational, giving him insight into the practical considerations around solving problems for his clients.
Mergers and Acquisitions. Jonathan represents clients in private equity and private company strategic mergers and acquisitions as well as other business combinations. He regularly guides clients in mergers and acquisitions of companies in the telecommunications, media, and technology sector. Representative recent mergers and acquisitions experience includes:
- Lead counsel representing a private equity firm in acquiring founder-led companies, including in the areas of strategic communications and public affairs, interactive digital marketing, healthcare marketing, digital brand engagement, and advertising technologies and data platforms.
- Lead counsel representing a private equity firm in acquiring public and private company carve-outs, including in the areas of entertainment research, public opinion and reputation strategy, mobile communications market research, and online reputation management and digital privacy.
- Lead counsel representing a private equity firm in acquiring businesses from private equity and venture capital investors, including in the area of B2B digital marketing.
- Lead counsel representing a WISP in strategic asset dispositions.
- U.S. counsel representing a cloud migration provider in its acquisition by a private equity buyer, representing a stock exchange operator in acquiring a foreign exchange electronic communication network, and representing a private equity buyer in acquiring a travel media business from a private equity seller.
Telecommunications and Infrastructure Transactions and Deployment. Jonathan structures and negotiates novel contractual arrangements for infrastructure deployment and advises on related federal, state, and local legal and regulatory issues. These deals often involve innovative and disruptive approaches to market entry. He has represented a fiber-to-the-premises broadband provider in structuring and negotiating a public-private partnership with a municipal-owned utility. He has also represented a smart cities technology and media company in innovative transactions for deployment of public WiFi kiosks.
Jonathan has extensive experience negotiating and preparing complex commercial agreements for telecommunications and infrastructure. He has represented a major cloud communications provider in MVNOs with national wireless carriers and a DBS provider in an MVNO with a foreign mobile service provider; a fiber-to-the-premises broadband provider in pole attachment agreements with investor-owned and municipal-owned utilities; subsea cable systems in customer IRUs; a wireless technology company and a regional wireless carrier in leasing spectrum to a national wireless carrier; technology providers in obtaining terrestrial IRUs, dark and lit fiber leases, and telecommunications services; and a fiber backbone provider in the strategic disposition of long-haul transport facilities and metropolitan ring networks.
Jonathan previously served as General Counsel of Nasdaq-listed multinational MDC Partners Inc. He received his law degree from Yale Law School and clerked for the Hon. Ralph K. Winter of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
January 07, 2022
October 20, 2021
February 16, 2021
April 09, 2019
March 15, 2019