Lauren E. Snyder
Lauren Snyder is an associate with the law firm of Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis LLP, where she practices litigation and legal ethics and malpractice law. Ms. Snyder practices in Washington, D.C. and Raleigh, North Carolina.
White Collar and Litigation
- Ms. Snyder has represented various individuals and corporations in a wide range of federal criminal investigations and prosecutions, including investigations and prosecutions related to price-fixing cartels, mail and wire fraud, “off label” use of medical devices, and financial crimes.
- Ms. Snyder has served as both defense and plaintiff’s counsel and has been involved in all aspects of litigation, from initial case assessments to trials and appeals.
- Ms. Snyder has handled various disciplinary complaints before different disciplinary authorities, including matters before the USPTO’s Office of Enrollment and Discipline, and D.C.’s Office of Disciplinary Counsel.
- Ms. Snyder has assisted clients concerning admission to the USPTO and the D.C. Bar, and advised clients concerning the merits of legal malpractice actions.
- Ms. Snyder maintains an active pro bono practice, assisting clients on a broad range of civil and criminal matters.
- Ms. Snyder has dedicated substantial time to representing low-income tenants fighting eviction in landlord-tenant cases, as well as providing legal ethics advice to legal services organizations and their lawyers.
Prior to joining Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis, Ms. Snyder was an associate at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, where her practice focused on litigation and regulatory antitrust matters. Ms. Snyder received her J.D., with high honors, from the George Washington University Law School, where she was a member of The George Washington Law Review and a Dean’s Fellow for the Legal Research and Writing Program. While in law school, she served as a legal intern for the Victim Witness Assistance Unit for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia. She has previously taught Legal Research and Writing as an adjunct professor at George Washington University Law School.
Ms. Snyder received her B.A., summa cum laude, from Vanderbilt University. Prior to entering law school, she taught at-risk middle school students through Teach for America, where she helped implement a gang prevention program.
*Admitted in D.C.; not admitted in North Carolina.
June 25, 2018
May 01, 2017
November 01, 2016
November 06, 2018
October 25, 2018
September 05, 2018
June 12, 2018
September 28, 2017
January 05, 2017
October 31, 2016
August 16, 2016
March 25, 2016