V. Shiva Goel
Shiva Goel is an associate with the law firm of Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis LLP, where he practices communications law and litigation.
- Advocates on behalf of wireless carriers, satellite operators, and broadband providers in high-stakes proceedings before the FCC.
- Counsels clients in the technology and telecommunications industries on FCC regulation of emerging communications services, including leading-edge wireless services, cloud computing services, connected car and vehicle telematics services, and the Internet-of-Things.
- Experienced with a broad range of telecommunications regulatory issues, including spectrum policy, network neutrality, law enforcement access, USF/ICC, privacy and data security, pricing regulation, E911, and accessibility requirements for individuals with disabilities.
- Represented a nationwide management and technology consulting firm in federal breach of contract litigation in the Northern District of New York.
- Represented communications equipment supplier in federal tort and contract litigation in the Southern District of New York.
Prior to joining Harris, Wiltshire & Grannis, Mr. Goel clerked for the Honorable Maryanne T. Barry of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the Honorable Louis L. Stanton of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Mr. Goel received his J.D. Order of the Coif from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he was Technology Editor of the Journal of Law and Politics and an Articles Editor of the Virginia Journal of Criminal Law. He received his B.A. from Cornell University.
September 14, 2017
September 01, 2016
July 27, 2016