Wiltshire & Grannis Receives Top-Tier Ranking in Chambers USA 2013
Chambers and Partners has once again recognized Wiltshire & Grannis as a Band 1 law firm in the practice area of “Telecom, Broadcast & Satellite”. This is the sixth consecutive year that W&G has received this honor from Chambers USA, a guide to attorneys and law firms. Sources describe W&G as “One of the best firms – they are thoughtful and strategic, and produce high-quality work product.” The full write-up of the firm’s ranking is available here.
Five W&G partners received individual recognition this year as well. Chambers reported that:
- John Nakahata “highly impressed” clients with “his understanding not only of telecom regulation but also of the systems and technologies used by telecom clients.”
- Christopher Wright “achieved a major victory in a dispute over the FCC’s Phoenix Forbearance Order, which established a more stringent test for dominance in the telecom sector.”
- William Wiltshire served clients with “long experience in this field includ[ing] roles at the FCC, as well as private practice work as an adviser and as an advocate [and] advised DIRECTV on the FCC’s sunset review of legislation prohibiting cable operators from being granted exclusive carriage rights.”
- Thomas Connolly is “very analytical and thorough,” and “is someone who knows how to get to the finish line in the best possible way” in white collar and litigation matters.
- Paul Margie is “a very intelligent attorney with good political instincts, who works hard to press his clients case” with a “practical and scholarly” ability “to pick up and master complex technical concepts.”
The Chambers rankings are based on extensive research, which includes interviews with a firm’s clients and assessments of other practitioners in each major practice area. A description of the selection methodology can be found here. No aspect of this publication has been approved by any court of bar.
Wiltshire & Grannis LLP is a nationally recognized communications, information technology, international investment/national security, and litigation law firm. The firm’s clients include Fortune 500 companies, entrepreneurs, investors, trade associations, and non-profit organizations. As former senior government officials, federal prosecutors, Congressional counsel, and experienced litigators, W&G lawyers advise their clients on how government decision makers think, how legal and political institutions work in the real world, and how those institutions can affect a transaction or business plan. For more information, please visit www.wiltshiregrannis.com.
For further information, please contact Lara Knowles: (202) 379-4533.